Weymouth Real Estate
Weymouth is a 'mature' community. This means that compared to other municipalities, Weymouth has been almost completely developed in terms of land area. But, that has not, and will not, prevent the redevelopment of sites with new uses or infill development on the few sites that remain. Some examples of this are the redevelopment of Mammoth Mart into Lechmere's, which itself is in the process of being redeveloped as Wal-Mart; Stetson Shoe being redeveloped into non-industrial use as Stetson Place, an office complex; and the transformation of the former Nike Missile Base into Webb State Park. The most obvious example of this trend continuing is in the redevelopment of the Naval Air Station.
Geographic Descriptors of Weymouth
- It is located in Norfolk County, South Shore region of the Boston metropolitan area (Boston Metropolitan Statistical Area).
- It is twelve miles southeast of Boston and 42 miles northeast of Providence, Rhode Island.
- It is bordered by Braintree and Holbrook on the west, Abington and Rockland on the south, Hingham on the east, and the Fore River, Back River, and Hingham Bay on the north.
- It covers an area of 21.61 square miles.
- Town population increased from 54,063 in 1990 to 54,379 in 1999; 316 new residents or 0.6 % for the decade.
- Population growth within Weymouth is consistent with State trends but both are lower than national averages.
- Based on past trends, the population could increase to 55,360 in 2004 and 56,545 in 2009-about 1,200 more people.
- The estimated buildout for Weymouth will mean almost 60,000 people (source: MAPC) which could occur within 25 to 30 years.
- The average household has shrunk from 2.92 people in 1980 to 2.52 in 1999, while the median age has increased from 31.2 to 36
Showing 1 - 25 of 96 properties found
The property listing data and information set forth herein were provided to MLS Property Information Network, Inc. from third party sources, including sellers, lessors and public records, and were compiled by MLS Property Information Network, Inc. The property listing data and information are for the personal, non-commercial use of consumers having a good faith interest in purchasing or leasing listed properties of the type displayed to them and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties which such consumers may have a good faith interest in purchasing or leasing. MLS Property Information Network, Inc. and its subscribers disclaim any and all representations and warranties as to the accuracy of the property listing data and information set forth herein.
More information on Weymouth, MA homes:
Number of properties currently on the market in Weymouth, MA:
- Single Family: 74 Properties
- Condo: 22 Properties
Number of new Weymouth, MA Real Estate listings in the last month:
- Single Family: 21 Properties
- Condo: 15 Properties
Average list price for Real Estate in Weymouth, MA over the last 6 months:
- Single Family: $374,839
- Condo: $223,125